August 28, 2001
Top 10 Great Things About Living Alone
1. Never closing any doors except the front one.
2. Walking around naked when I can't be bothered to put on a robe after a shower or in the middle of the night.
3. There's always a roll of toilet paper on the dispenser and the tissue is always rolling the right way.
4. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink if I want to and knowing no one else will add to them.
5. Knowing the message on the answering machine is for me.
6. Breaking into a dance in the middle of the living room for no apparent reason without any music playing without anyone looking at me funny.
7. Eating ice cream for dinner and not having to watch someone else daintily eating a salad. (Not that I do this.)
8. Not feeling quite so pathetic playing computer solitaire for hours when there's no one else to see me doing it.
9. Watching as many episodes of Friends as I want without hearing "Haven't you seen this one a million times?"
10. The noisy, messy roommate is me. And I don't mind.
Posted by Alyssa at August 28, 2001 09:10 PM