Lately I've been contemplating my life. Well, not lately, but for awhile. I get cranky with myself for not accomplishing things, for sticking with the easy road, for sometimes not taking advantage of opportunities. All valid points. But sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I'm not doing that I don't enjoy what I am doing. So here is my list of 10 simple pleasures in my life today.
1. Once I dragged myself out of bed, listening to Sarah and Vinnie on the radio 97.3--Alice.
2. Hearing the "got mail" sound on my email when I opened it.
3. The first sip of green tea, hot, almost burning as it warmed my throat.
4. Having lunch with a co-worker, talking about movies the whole time.
5. Making someone laugh at something I didn't realize would be so funny.
6. Having a co-worker stroke my hair as she walked by, just because it felt nice.
7. Topping the final hill on the walk home, knowing it was all downhill from there.
8. Getting in a hot shower, my skin chilled from the walk home, the feeling of the water heating my skin.
9. Using my Body Polish, skin smelling like cinnamon, cloves, and lavender when I got out of the shower.
10. Listening to a song I like and singing along loudly.
11. Listening to a brand new CD for the first time (Alanis Morisette, yes I like her, I won't be ashamed).
12. Taking the time to put on some Burt's Bees Carrot Day Cream, which smells like sweet pastries.
13. Doing some of the dishes that have been piling up.
14. Eating something bad for me--in this case Old Amsterdam cheese...mmmmm....
15. Gulping down some cold water fresh from the fridge.
16. Settling in to watch a favorite TV show (Ally McBeal, again I won't be ashamed).
17. Putting on clean kitty pajamas and planning to go to bed at a reasonable hour as my eyelids droop at 9:30.
Not big things. Not exciting things. But good things. Oh, and obviously I couldn't stop at 10.Posted by Alyssa at March 04, 2002 09:45 PM